Disclaimer: This article contains referral links but I recommend the host based on my own personal experience of over a decade being with them.
If you’re in the market for a web hosting company, chances are you have already heard of big names like GoDaddy, CrazyDomain as these guys pushed for strong advertising campaign in the past and they have been around for as long as I can remember.
The one hosting that I chose and am still with them after 11 years is an Australian player, based on Melbourne – VentraIP Australia. They have exceptional customer support by local employees. Back in the days I was running a web agency, this host company was my go-to and they never failed me.
If you just aim for having a blog site, their sister company – Zuver – offers plans that are specially made for WordPress hosting. It comes as no surprise that this blog is being hosted by Zuver to take advantage of this setup along with the quality of the customer service.
Recently, I received an email from VentraIP saying that:
Yesterday it was announced that Webcentral Group (ASX:WCG), which includes brands such as Netregistry and Melbourne IT, recommended a scheme of arrangement to its shareholders to be wholly acquired by multi-billion dollar US company Web.com Group Inc.Another one bites the dust! – Email sent by VentraIP on 14 Jul 2020, 16:47 AEST
This is the same company who recently acquired Dreamscape Networks, which included brands such as Crazy Domains and Vodien.
If this acquisition is approved by their shareholders it will see VentraIP Australia become the largest Australian owned and operated web hosting and domain name company, and whilst that is a personally humbling achievement as a business owner, it means that more than 80% of the local market share will then be foreign owned.
Now that’s not a piece of good news because it seems the big player is trying to consolidate the market share and reduce competition as a result.
Reasons for VentraIP
VentraIP then reminds me of the reasons that I would support them:
1. You will be supporting a truly local company that provides 24/7 Australian-based service and technical support.Another one bites the dust! – Email sent by VentraIP on 14 Jul 2020, 16:47 AEST
2. You will avoid paying unnecessary overseas transaction fees with your bank as they process their payments offshore.
3. You will have peace of mind knowing that all of your customer data and private information will remain right here in Australia.
While point #2 is not much of a relevance (because pricing will be factored in the final product), I would prefer to support an Australian based business, especially they continue to offer great service and return on value for their product.
I would add more points to the list such as:
- If you only require a domain name, their pricing is very competitive and remains one of the lowest I have ever seen.
- They offer a 45-day money back guarantee and a pro rata refund on the hosting plan. There’s nothing to lose!
These days, I only manage 3 sites and while I had a brief period of looking for an alternative (just to see what new out there), I am happy to stay put knowing that I’m in good hands.
So, why don’t you give them a go and see it for yourself. Let me know below if there’s any question!